Within the context of the master plan Integration and Participation, the project “SPORTBUNT – clubs live out diversity!“ („SPORTBUNT – Vereine leben Vielfalt!“) is aimed at promoting integration in and through sport. As a driver of integration, sport makes social encounters and communication possible. Many of Berlin’s sport clubs and associations are already actively involved in helping refugees.
Goals of SPORTBUNT are among others:
- Building cooperation and networks between people involved in refugee aid and sports clubs/associations to implement offers of sport for refugees
- Advice and support to the sports clubs and associations in designing need-specific offers as well as support with organisational and logistics tasks
- Advice on funding options and support with application and accounting processes
- Preparing and providing relevant information via various media
- Enabling communication and knowledge sharing through informative events
- Developing and implementing need-specific further education and training measures
- Advice and support to refugees in finding and reaching sports and club offers
- Training exercise coaches from the refugees’ countries of origin
The project SPORTBUNT is a project of Landessportbund Berlin e. V. (Berlin Sports Federation) and is supported with funds from the master plan Integration and Participation.