Exercise instructor’s training for refugees
The Landessportbund Berlin (Berlin state sporting association) runs a special course to train refugees to become DOSB (German Olympic Sports Confederation) Trainers-C for All/Mass Sports. This course serves as the basis for further and advanced training options in Berlin’s sports industry. In approx. 125 units, the budding trainers learn the foundations of sports science necessary to lead groups, develop a training session based on methodology and training theory, and coach athletes in a healthy, injury-free manner.
The 2018 edition was to take place during summer break. The exams are being taken in September:
- each year during summer break
- Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- approx. 125 Units + first aid Course
- additional 20 h of sitting-in on training classes required
- availability during training period
- native language: Arabic or Farsi
- Knowledge of the German language (no certificate needed)
- filled application form